Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Practice in Osteopathy
This is a one-year postgraduate course validated by Instituto Piaget (a Higher Education Institution/University in Portugal) and delivered by the Osteopathic Health Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The course will enable practising osteopaths or physiotherapists with training in osteopathy to develop advanced knowledge, skills and capabilities in patient evaluation, clinical reasoning, diagnosis and osteopathic treatment applied to the fields of geriatrics, obstetrics, gynaecology and genitourinary problems, paediatrics and sports care, from an evidence-informed perspective.
Dr Jorge Esteves, PhD, MA, BSc, DO, is an Associate Professor at Instituto Piaget, Scientific Coordinator for the BSc (Hons) Osteopathy at Instituto Piaget in Portugal and, Osteopath/Clinical Director at Osteopathic Health Centre, Dubai.
• Cristina Mesquita, Osteopath
• Francesco Cerritelli, Chair COME Collaboration
• Joseph Maynard, Physiotherapist
• Marilyne Lopes, Physiotherapist/Women’s Health Specialist
• Paul Bell, Osteopath/Clinical Director
• Nawaf Al Aqeel, Osteopathy Clinic Supervisor
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Demonstrate competence in the selection and clinical application of a wide range of osteopathic treatment techniques considering absolute and relative contraindications, indications and modification, and the rationale underpinning their selection and application of in the individual patient in relation to patient safety, care of self and effectiveness of the technique;
• Critically understand the principles and practice underpinning specialist osteopathic patient management;
• Apply osteopathic specialist knowledge and principles in formulating and deploying evaluation, treatment and management strategies within a simulated context of clinical uncertainty in the fields of geriatrics, obstetrics, gynaecology and genitourinary problems, paediatrics, and sports care;
• Critically appraise the role of multimodal and multidisciplinary care in osteopathy, and the role of osteopathic treatment in the fields of geriatrics, obstetrics, gynaecology and genitourinary problems, paediatrics, and sports care.
• Suitable academic qualification in osteopathy (DO or BSc (Hons), BOst, MOst)
• Applicants without a degree in osteopathy should possess a degree qualification in physiotherapy and training in osteopathy or experience in musculoskeletal practice
• Applicants must, where applicable, be registered as a practising Osteopath or Physiotherapist with the relevant regulatory authority or association and must, irrespective of the former, hold appropriate professional indemnity insurance
• Ideally applicants will be required to provide evidence of having achieved IELTS level 6.0 or equivalent. Applicants without IELTS will also be considered as part of an interview where the ability to effectively communicate in English will be evaluated.
• 12 months – 720 hours – 60 credits ECTS
• 28th September 2017
• 10 monthly seminars of 4 days (Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon)
o Thursday 4-8pm
o Friday and Saturday 8am-1pm and 2-6pm
o Sunday 8am-1pm
• Online lectures, tutorials and skype meetings and group discussions
AED 16,600/EUR 4,000/USD 4,350 (10% discount to EMA members)